APPS AND WIDGETS
Video by SunSmart Victoria | www.sunsmart.com.au
[Header] HOW TO USE THE SUNSMART APP
VIDEO: For more information visit; Free SunSmart App (Published on Mar 29, 2015)
FREE SUNSMART APP FOR AUSTRALIA
Overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation causes wrinkles and skin and eye damage, ultimately leading to skin cancer.
UV cannot be seen or felt. It is not like the sun’s light which we see, or the sun’s warmth (infrared radiation) which we feel. Our senses cannot detect UV so it can be damaging without us knowing. There is a huge variation in UV levels across Australia. The UV level is affected by a number of factors including the time of day, time of year, cloud cover, altitude, proximity to the equator, scattering and reflection.
That’s why it’s so important to check the daily sun protection times for your location each day on the SunSmart app for iPhone, iPad and Android. The app lets you know when you do and don’t need sun protection, making it easier than ever to be smart about your sun exposure all year.
- Personalisation – Download the app and personalise it with your natural skin type, height, weight, age, gender and set your location for anywhere in Australia.
- Reminders – Set up a sun protection alert and receive daily reminders for the times of day when UV reaches a level that can damage your skin and eyes, as well as two-hour reminders to re-apply sunscreen.
- Sunscreen calculator – Use the sunscreen calculator to find out how much sunscreen you need to apply, taking account of your size and clothing.
- Vitamin D tracker – Find out if you are getting enough UV exposure for vitamin D.
- Seven-day weather forecast – Check the weather for the week ahead for any location in Australia.
FREE SUNSMART WIDGET FOR AUSTRALIA
Take away the guesswork by adding the free SunSmart widget to your website.
SunSmart would like to acknowledge the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency and the Bureau of Meteorology for the provision of UV and weather forecast data.
- The widget shows the sun protection times for your location in Australia, making it easier than ever to be smart about your sun exposure all year.
- Live UV levels for 11 locations, including Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Darwin, Perth and Adelaide.
- Daily weather forecasts.
- Flexible sizing.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By using the SunSmart widget (‘Widget’) you agree to the following terms and conditions;
- Cancer Council Victoria (‘CCV’) owns the intellectual property in the Widget and the Widget must not be modified without CCV’s prior written consent.
- You may reproduce the Widget on other websites and intranets provided it is not for commercial purposes or reward, and provided a copy of this disclaimer is also reproduced.
- You acknowledge that using sun protection during the times stated on the widget does not guarantee that you will not get skin cancer, and that you may also need to use sun protection outside of the sun protection times stated on the Widget.
- CCV accepts no liability of any kind arising out of the use of, or otherwise associated with, the Widget.
For this video and many more, Follow All Things Tanning on YouTube